Airlie Beach - Half Day Snorkel the Inner Reef
Access the underwater world of the Inner Reef from the back of our new custom designed 23m dive and snorkel vessel, Island Explorer. Explore beneath the waves and see for yourself the abundance of coral and marine life this outlandish landscape has to offer.
This half day cruise visits secluded locations within the northern section of the Whitsunday Islands which have the best fringing reef areas. The destination chosen is dependent on the weather & tide conditions on the day. Locations include Luncheon Bay or Manta Ray on Hook Island, Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island or Cateran Bay on Border Island.
- Intimate. We operate by taking smaller groups to ensure a more personalised and quality experience.
- Top of the line equipment and vessel. Travel between sites in comfort on our new dive boat Island Explorer.
- Informative. Educational Whitsunday Island commentary en route
- Best sites. Selected on the day of departure for ideal visibility the areas of Northern Hook Island are recognised as the best fringing reef areas of the Whitsunday Islands.
Boarding either at 8.15am or 12.45pm, for a half day 4 hour tour. The schedule is chosen dependent on conditions on the day. Includes approximately one hour of scenic cruising to the best available snorkel sites. Includes 2 hours on location for snorkelling.
Island Explorer is our brand new custom designed dive / snorkel vessel. She has two levels of air conditioned luxury, lounge style seating, a partially shaded deck and fresh water hot and cold showers on-board. There is a full beam swim platform which makes entering and exiting the water a comfortable and easy experience.
Morning or afternoon tea is provided pending time of cruise.
Includes high quality Mares Diving & Snorkelling gear; wetsuits/stinger suits & flotation jackets (if required).
Half Day Snorkelling
- Adult $175
- Child (5 - 17) $105
- Price per person includes GST and $6.50 Reef Levy.
(Prices valid 1st March 2018 - 31st March 2019)
Need to know:
- Amenities: There are toilets and showers on-board
- Weather: at times the weather in the tropics can be unpredictable. We will provide an updated weather report before departure and discuss in detail with you the scheduled plan for the day
- Wind and visibility: on occasions we operate to different destinations to provide the most enjoyable day possible. These options will be explained prior to departure
Great day trip to the reef, fantastic snorkelling and whole trip was a brilliant day out. We saw a huge variety of fish and corals and it was a lovely spot right out on the outer reef. The crew looked after us really well, and were very knowledgeable and safety conscious and were great with the kids, particularly our daughter who had never snorkelled and was a bit nervous. They had a good system going in the water so you felt safe but free to roam. Food was good and boat was very comfortable and snorkelling kit was good. Highly recommend this trip!Kristie C, TripAdvisor, Dec 2017
Where to find us
384 Shute Harbour Road
07 4946 9664
Please read our Booking Conditions & Cancellation Policy here...
- From $175
- From $105
- Trip Duration
- 4 hours
Morning Tour: 8.45am - 12.30pm
Afternoon Tour : 12.45pm - 5.00pm
Snorkelling available most days but please confirm days of operation when planning your trip (May differ in winter months).
*Children: 5-17 yrs. Prices valid until 31st March 2019Book Here