Hamilton Island - Half Day Dive the Whitsunday Islands
This half day cruise visits secluded locations within the northern section of the Whitsunday Islands which have the best fringing reef areas especially for snorkelling & diving.
The destination chosen is dependent on the weather & tide conditions on the day. Locations include Luncheon Bay or Manta Ray on Hook Island, Blue Pearl Bay on Hayman Island or Cateran Bay on Border Island.
Intimate. We are a boutique cruise operator. We operate by taking smaller groups to ensure a more personalised and quality experience
Informative. Includes a reef interpretative presentation enroute
Best sites. Selected on the day of departure for ideal visibility the areas of Northern Hook Island are recognised as the best fringing reef areas of the Whitsunday Islands.
Boarding either at 8.15am or 12.45pm, the schedule is chosen dependent on ideal diving conditions on the day. Includes approximately one hour of scenic cruising each way up the Whitsunday Passage, to the best available dive sites, and includes 2 hours on location.
We have two custom designed dive & snorkel vessels, the 19m Pure Dive & the 24m Reef Explorer. Both vessels have a hydraulically lowered platform at the rear of the vessel for easy access to the water. Our half day cruises are generally operated by the smaller Pure Dive, whilst Reef Explorer generally operates the full day Great Barrier Reef tour, but may operate this cruise depending on demand and time of year.
Hydraulically lowered stairs and platform that rest just below water level makes access to the reef easy and comfortable. Diving directly off the stern means we can visit selected moorings which are quieter, keeping with the initimate feel of this tour.
The vessels also feature lounge style seating over two decks, air conditioned interior over two decks, partially shaded deck area and fresh water hot and cold showers onboard, ensuring that guests will enjoy a premium cruising experience.
Morning or afternoon tea is provided depending on the time of cruise.
Includes high quality Mares Diving & wetsuits/stinger suits
Half Day Cruise with Diving:
- $250 ONE DIVE (Adult or
Minor*) Introductory SCUBA Dive & all other
- $205 ONE DIVE
(Adult) Certified SCUBA Dive & all other cruise
- $190 ONE DIVE (Minor - 17 years and under) Certified SCUBA Dive & all other cruise inclusions
- Price per person includes GST and $3.25 Reef Levy.
*Minor: 13-17 years
(Prices valid 1st March 2018 - 31st March 2019)
Need to know:
- You must complete a diving medical questionnaire before being able to dive with us. View an example of the form here.
- Before booking you must read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions found here.
- Amenities: There are toilets and showers onboard
- Capacity: we can operate with up to 40 guests with plenty of room
- Weather: at times the weather in the tropics can be unpredictable. We will provide up to date weather report before departure and discuss in detail with you the scheduled plan for the day
- Wind and visibility: on occasions we can operate different destinations to provide the most enjoyable day possible. These options will be explained prior to departure.
- Explore Group takes no liability for guests connecting to/from Hamilton Island on the day of this tour.
Great day trip to the reef, fantastic snorkelling and whole trip was a brilliant day out. We saw a huge variety of fish and corals and it was a lovely spot right out on the outer reef. The crew looked after us really well, and were very knowledgeable and safety conscious and were great with the kids, particularly our daughter who had never snorkelled and was a bit nervous. They had a good system going in the water so you felt safe but free to roam. Food was good and boat was very comfortable and snorkelling kit was good. Highly recommend this trip!Kristie C, TripAdvisor, Dec 2017
Please read our
& Cancellation Policy here...
- From $250
- From $190
- Trip Duration
- 4 hours
Morning Tour: 8.15am - 12.30pm
Afternoon Tour : 12.45pm - 5.00pm
Diving available most days but please confirm days of operation when planning your trip (May differ in winter months).
*Children: 5-17 yrs. Prices valid until 31st March 2019 You must complete a diving medical questionnaire before being able to dive with us.Book Here