The Great Barrier Reef is home to a remarkable variety of marine life including sharks, rays, turtles and fish as well as corals and seaweeds. Take the plunge with your first dive and experience this amazing destination with our unique full day diving adventure taking you to Bait Reef.
We take smaller groups to this secluded dive spot and our experienced dive team will guide you on your first dive experience - no experience necessary.
Prior to departing for the reef you must complete a pool training session on Hamilton Island. This basic skills course allows you to experience a dive at Great Barrier Reef without obtaining your dive certification.
- Pool training session on Hamilton Island
- 2 hours cruising to location each way with informative commentary
- A minimum of 3.5 hours is spent on location
- Visit at least 2 different dive locations around Bait Reef
- Includes one dive at the reef and one snorkelling session
- Support and guidance from our experienced Divemasters or
- All equipment hire
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea
Need to Know:
- You MUST complete the PADI Discover Scuba Diving course including a pool training session on Hamilton Island prior to departing
- You MUST be 14 years and over, be able to swim and pass a medical questionnaire at the time of booking
- You may have an opportunity to complete a second dive at the reef, subject to weather and availability, and cost is additional $59pp
Why Choose Explore?
- Intimate. We take smaller groups to ensure a more personalised and quality experience
- Purpose built vessel. Cruise in comfort on our purpose built dive and snorkel vessel with hydraulically lowered platform at the rear for easy access to the water, air conditioning, lounge style seating, showers and bathroom facilities.
- Informative. Educational commentary while you cruise
- Professional Team. Our team is passionate about this amazing location and can't wait to show you around
- PADI 5 Star Dive Centre. We are recognised as a progressive dive shop that provides a full range of PADI scuba diving education programs, equipment selection and experience opportunities, while encouraging aquatic environmental responsibility.